Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Teaser Tuesdays—Kevin Sorbo


Teaser Tuesdays is hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.  Grab your current read, open to a random page, and share two sentences. 


Once the spin-off was solidly in production, Rob asked me for a  list of my favorite directors and writers.  They all went to work on Xena, and my show never saw them again.  I felt betrayed. 

Okay, that was three sentences.  But it’s from p. 163 of Kevin Sorbo’s autobiography, True Strength: My Journey from Hercules to Mere Mortal--and How Nearly Dying Saved My Life.  Did you know that Sorbo got his start as a male model?  I know, hard to believe.  What’s more astonishing is he had three strokes while filming the series Hercules.  I comment on that on my previous blog post

There’s a certain level of cuss words in his account, which I find surprising from a guy who credits God with his recovery.  But this is a smooth read; I’m staying up later than normal to read more.  If people criticize you for reading too much fiction, here’s a non-fiction book about overcoming hardship you can hold under your arm as you walk around.  

2 comments:

  1. I don't read much (any) nonfiction but this might tempt me to change my mind. I remember watching Hercules and I think Sorbo is a Minnesota boy. My teasers are multiple this week. On Inside of a Dog, I am teasing Ransom River by Meg Gardiner and, on Ms. Martin Teaches Media, I am teasing Seraphina by Rachel Hartman and Team Human by Justine Larbalestier and Sarah Rees Brennan. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three strokes? Say it ain't so! Not Hercules...the teaser makes me sad. I'm wondering if he still felt as betrayed when Hercules had crossovers with Xena.

    Very cool.

    Here's mine:
    http://morosebookshelf.blogspot.com/2012/07/teaser-tuesdays.html

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...